Getting found on the internet is the hallmark of any online business, as this is how millions of audience can get to know and do business with your company. Take online visibility as the navigation to locate you on the map. Imagine you were going somewhere you’d never been before and necessarily don’t have specifics about it, so you just typed in a general location or place in your navigator, definitely, it’s going to give you a list of related locations, and then you will choose exactly where you are going or the closest result.
In the same way, people looking for businesses like yours would type in a general term relating to your business and will have to choose from the results they get- so, your duty is to ensure that you find a place in these results, otherwise no one will be able to find your business.
In essence, the more visible your company is, online, the more likely people within your industry will look to you for necessary products or services.
Many small business owners struggle with this aspect of online marketing and think it’s confusing and that’s because there is too much information on the internet without clear explanation.
In this article, I will share five simple ways you can increase your company’s online visibility for free, yet with great results.
1. Utilize SEO tools: SEO- stands for Search Engine Optimization, and since we are talking about searching and finding your website online, I guess you know that SEO is indeed very important and the way you do this is by injecting content and key words that points back to your website on the internet. You can use different free online tools to check how well your website comes on in search results and when you know this, you constantly improve your visibility using these other methods. There are hundreds of free SEO tools online, including the Google webmaster and analytics and Bing web master tools, to monitor analytics and performance of your website. Check out other ways to improve your online visibility here.
2. Publish fresh, relevant content regularly: Ensure that you publish fresh content on your website regularly and also update your content from time to time. Google crawls all websites on the internet for fresh and new content, which is what will help your website to rank higher on Google search algorithm. Except people specifically know your website, they would only type in general terms, phrases or words in Google search engine and this will only populate the most relevant ones. So, to regularly appear in searches relating to what you do, updating your website with relevant content is crucial.
3. Publish digital content on external sites: Publish value added materials such as videos, images, slides, PDFs and audios on external websites such as Youtube, Google images, slideshare, and the likes. Your content gets to much more audience, promoting your website and also giving you backlinks in search engines sometimes.
4. Do social – Social media is a must if you must continue to attract fans and online subscribers to your brand. While your online fans may not necessarily become customers, it’s a good place to demonstrate your expertise and authority in your industry.
5. Use outbound and inbound links so Google can index cached pages: This is a great way to appear well in Google’s search. Outbound link is when you add external link to content on your site, pointing to other domains and websites. When you link out to related domains, it not only helps the search engine to understand your niche, but also helps to increase the trust and quality of your site which plays a vital role in your website’s SEO. Inbound links on the other hand is when you have links from other sites linking back to your website and this can be obtained free in a number of ways. You can do this by writing guest posts on other websites or by placing details about your website on other website, thereby, giving you backlinks. These links also raise your website’s visibility when done well.
For more ways to increase your company’s online visibility, check out these resources. Know that this takes time and it requires consistent action, if you want your company to continuously be visible online.